(Visited 1,600 times, 1 visits today)
Vegetable soup with cheesy toasts
A deliciously satisfying autumnal (or winter) soup that won’t induce guilt once devoured.
- 1 medium Leek chopped quite small
- 2 medium Carrots chopped quite small
- 1 Garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 medium potato chopped quite small
- 1 tbsp Rosemary finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 410 g Can of chickpeas drained and rinsed.
- 3 tbsp Parsley fresh and chopped
- 2 400g Cans of chopped tomatoes
- 425 ml vegetable stock
- 8 slices Baguette cut at a diagonal
- 1 Garlic clove cut in half
- 50 g Edam cheese finely grated
Preperation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Required number of servings: people
- Put the vegetables into a large saucepan with the garlic, rosemary, stock and sugar. Season well, stir, bring to a simmer and cover. Cook gently for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Preheat the grill to high. Whizz the tomatoes in a food processor or blender until smooth, then tip into the vegetables with the chickpeas and parsley. Gently heat through, stirring now and then.
- For the toasts: rub both sides of the bread with the garlic. Grill on one side until golden, turn the bread over, cover with Edam and grill until its bubbling. Serve at once with the piping hot soup.