Vegan Lemon Fettuccine Alfredo
This dish could be eaten by anyone vegan or not as it is absolutely delicious. It's high in fibre, low in fat, dairy free, high in protein and tastes delicious. Added to the fact it can be ready in 35 minutes, you can always eat it fresh.
- 12 ounces eggless fettuccine
- 4 ounces soy or almond milk
- 3 tbsp blanched sliced almonds
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast plus a bit extra for sprinkling
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup loosely packed parsley leaves chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Strain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Add the soy milk, soy cream cheese, almonds, nutritional yeast, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to a blender and process until smooth.
- Heat the oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until the garlic just starts to sizzle and softens, about 1 minute. Add the soy milk mixture and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water, bring to a simmer and cook until thick and creamy, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the fettuccini and parsley and toss to combine. Thin out with a little more pasta water if needed.
- Divide the pasta among four bowls and sprinkle each with some nutritional yeast and a few grinds of pepper.