(Visited 2,035 times, 1 visits today)
This deliciously simple Spaghetti Bolognese is so quick and simple to make. Perfect for a quick supper and is a good source of iron and folic acid.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 small Carrot chopped
- 400 g Plum tomatoes (one can)
- 1/2 bunch basil plus extra leaves for serving
- 1 lb Mince beef Always go for the best you can afford.
- 400 g Spaghetti or other long pasta
- 25 g toasted breadcrumbs
Preperation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Required number of servings: people
- Heat the oil in non-stick frying pan.
- Tip in the onion and carrot and cook for 5 mins to soften. Add the mince and fry until the mince is a light brown colour.
- Scoop out the tomatoes from the can and add to the pan, and cook for 5 mins more. Pour over the tomato juice and basil, then simmer for 15 mins.
- Cook spaghetti according to pack instructions. Reserve some of the cooking water, drain and tip the spaghetti into a serving bowl and top with the bolognese sauce. Serve with the extra basil leaves on top and the breadcrumbs.