(Visited 2,170 times, 2 visits today)
Sea bass and shellfish Italian one-pot
A one-pot fish stew with shellfish and all the fresh flavours of the Mediterranean - serve with plenty of bread for dipping.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Fennel bulb halved and sliced (fronds kept separate to garnish)
- 2 Garlic clove sliced
- 1/2 Red chilli chopped
- 250 g Squid cleaned and sliced into rings
- 1 bunch Basil leaves and stalks separated, stalks tied together, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 150 ml White wine
- 2 large Handfulls of mussels or clams
- 8 large Raw prawns whole look the nicest
- 4 Sea bass fillets (about 140g / 5oz each)
- Crusty bread to serve
Preperation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Required number of servings: people
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, then add the fennel, garlic and chilli. Fry until softened, then add the squid, basil stalks, tomatoes and wine. Simmer over a low heat for 35 minutes until the squid is tender and the sauce has thickened slightly, then season.
- Scatter the mussels and prawns over the sauce, lay the sea bass fillets on top, cover, turn up the heat and cook hard for 5 minutess. Serve scattered with the basil leaves and fennel fronds, with crusty bread.