(Visited 1,918 times, 1 visits today)
Light smoked haddock fish pie
This healthy fish pie recipe has added texture from golden sliced potatoes layered on top.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium Leek sliced
- 30 g Flour
- 300 ml Milk
- 125 g Prawns cooked and peeled
- 4 110g Smoked haddock fillets
- 3 large Potatoes peeled, par boiled and sliced
- Salt & freshly ground black bepper to season
Preperation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Required number of servings: people
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the leeks and fry for 2-3 minutes, until soft.
- Add the flour, stir well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and gradually stir in the milk. Return to the heat and cook, stirring well, until the sauce has thickened. Simmer gently for five minutes.
- Stir in the prawns and season with salt and pepper.
- Place half the sauce into a pie dish. Place the haddock fillets on top, then spoon over the remaining sauce.
- Top with the sliced potatoes and season with some more freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the dish on a baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the potatoes are golden and the fish is completely cooked through.