(Visited 1,340 times, 1 visits today)
Crispy Roast Potatoes
There is nothing better than the taste and texture of Crispy Golden Roast Potatoes. Getting them perfect is a tricky task for most but when you do, you feel euphoric.
- 525 g Potatoes Desiree, King Edward or Maris Piper work best.
- 2 tbsp Goose fat Duck fat, Beef or Pork dripping, Oilive oil or Vegetable oil. Roughly 1 tablespoon of fat per 450g (1lb) potatoes.
- Sea salt
Preperation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Required number of servings: people
- Start with heating your oven to 200°C/425°F/Gas mark 6, place a roasting tin inside the oven until this reaches the same temperature.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into the desired size as you prefer.
- Par boil the potatoes in lightly salted water for no longer than 10 minutes.
- Strain them well and then coat the potatoes in the fat or oil you prefer (see above) until lightly coated, season with salt, then replace the lid to you boiling saucepan and give the potatoes, salt and oil a shake to help coat the potatoes with the oil and to roughen the edges.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 45 minutes, turning twice during cooking.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately