(Visited 1,456 times, 1 visits today)
Chicken Tikka Masala
The UK’s number one dish is replicated here with this delicious recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala.
- 1 kg chicken cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 4 tbsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 5 cardamoms
- 5 tbsp yoghurt (plain e.g. Greek)
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp thick cream
- 3 tbsp cooking oil or ghee
Preperation time: 20 minnutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Required number of servings: people
- Place all the dry ingredients (garam masala, chilli powder, white pepper, cardamoms) into a hot pan without any oil and toast for a minute until aromatic, then tip into a large bowl. Add the yoghurt, lime juice, lemon juice, garlic paste, ginger paste, mix well together, add the chopped chicken and set aside in a refrigerator to marinade for 1 hour.
- In a large wok or pan, heat the oil until hot and fry off the onion and garlic until softened and the onion starts to colour brown, add the tomato puree and sugar and mix well.
- Add the chilled chicken mixture into the pan and stir well. Heat until simmering stirring occasionally. When the mixture is simmering, stir, reduce the heat and allow to simmer for another 10 – 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve the dish with hot chapattis or naans and enjoy this most popular dish with friends and family.